Long before America had a coffee culture Brazil set the path with a vengeance! Coffee every hour is common in Brazil. Coffee and hospitality are synonymous. Brazilians like their coffee strong, thick, sweet and often!
I came across this recipe several years ago when I had a can of sweetened condensed milk that needed to be used. And man oh man did I discover a treat, I absolutely fell in love with this coffee! If you try just one of our weekly recipes (although you should try them all!) this is the one, it is a guaranteed crowd pleaser.
- Yield: 2 quarts
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 10 Minutes
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 (14 oz.) can Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 5 cups water
- 1 1/3 cups strong brewed Kcup coffee, I would recommend a Tullys French Roast.
- COMBINE cocoa, salt and cinnamon in 3-quart saucepan. Add sweetened condensed milk; mix well.
- SLOWLY stir in water and coffee over medium heat; heat thoroughly but do not boil. Serve warm.
- Brazilian coffee may be stored in refrigerator up to 5 days. Mix well and reheat before serving.
I have made this full recipe several times for me, myself and I. I kept it in the fridge in an air tight container for a few days, helping myself to a lovely evening cup every day!