If you have been around awhile you have come to know (and hopefully love) our Monday K-cup coffee recipes. I love fun, easy to make coffee drinks. They are a simple indulgence that can usually be made with ingredients already in your kitchen. There will be no running to the local coffee shop around here, no sir, we have Keurig’s in our kitchen that make these recipes easy peasy.
I do not have a Kcup coffee drink recipe this week.
Oh no, dont panic, this week I have a K-cup coffee popsicle recipe!
That’s right, welcome to heaven! These little babies taste fantastic! On those days when it is so hot out the last thing you desire is a steaming hot drink, but, you still need your kick of caffeine, these popsicles will hit the spot. The sweetness of the ground cinnamon and almond extract contrasts well with the strong, bitter taste of a dark roast K-cup.
For this recipe I chose to use an Emeril’s Big Eay Bold K-cup, a classic Parisian roast. Emerils Big Easy Bold is a thick, hearty blend. Its deep, dark color and invigorating aroma will definitely kick it up a notch and wont lose their full-bodied flavor in these popsicles.
Let’s get to the recipe:
- 1/2 cup strong K-cup coffee chilled
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 1/2 tbsp light brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp almond or vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups ice
- Combine all ingredients in a blender. Blend until mixture is smooth and frothy, but slightly thick (if it’s too thick, add milk; if it’s too thin, add ice).
- Fill popsicle molds or small Dixie cups with the blended mixture. Quickly place mini popsicle sticks or popsicle sticks broken in half in the center of each mold or cup.
- Place cups in freezer and freeze until completely frozen, about 4 hours.
Pretty easy huh? You can also make these with a decaf coffee if you are looking for a great coffee flavor with out the buzz!